Monday 27 July 2015

Curly Cut Chronicles













                       






I finally built up the courage to snip away at my mane!.



















Trust me it has been a long decision process of going back and forth with myself and friends...1-2 years to be exact. I would go on a scavengers hunt to find bobby pins 6 if I was lucky, then pin up my long locks into a bob. Constantly asking " should I cut it guys, this is what it would kinda look like" their answers would always be "yes" but no matter how much assurance I would get I was just too scared.

I blame the fact that I used to have horrible short hair back in secondary school, I would constantly  just tie it up in a bun hiding the rats nest that it was. Although now I have learnt the ways of my curly hair it still undoubtedly has a mind of its own. Which I truly embrace now  especially knowing how forgiving curly hair can be after a terrible hair cut, most times no one can tell, its just naturally messy they say.







Lisa Bonet
Phoebe Tonkin




Now going into cutting my hair I knew it could go different ways, either it springs up into a lush voluminous mini fro like Lisa Bonets or all that coconut oil and deep conditioning will keep it a bit more tamed, leaving it flat like Phoebe Tonkins. Right now after cutting it its in-between the two which I love but I bet you at the end of this week it will do a Lisa Bonet which I actually want haha, ill keep you posted on that.



Sherilyn Fenn 
Julia Roberts




Cutting my hair has literately felt like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders,  this time I had to just go for it , "if not now, when?" I would say to myself. I have been seeing this quote a lot lately and it pushed me even more, its by Coco Chanel - " A women who cuts her hair is about to change her life", Id like to think so Coco.

No comments:

Post a Comment