Saturday 3 January 2015

DIY - Christmas Cards Recycled into Labels




   

This is one of my favourite New Years tradition I started with my family when    I was in year 8, my form tutor shared a brilliant money saver as well as           planet saving idea that I just loved!. Where instead of throwing your Christmas   cards away you get all crafty by transforming them into Christmas labels ready   to be used for next Christmas. And if you are throwing them away, why not       instead recycle them as even the smallest act can save thy planet!.




 Once you gathered all the things you will need to get started grab your ruler      and outline where you would like to cut the card. I've learnt over the years that  I definitely needed a ruler although jagged edges give it a certain home-made    look for sure if that's what your going for.



    Then once you have marked out where you would like to cut, get cutting            away!


  I prefer to cut them into rectangles if I can but depending on the card design     that can all change, so cut to your preference. If you have managed to cut         them out into rectangles then yay! now snip two little triangles off both edges     of one side for a more traditional look.



  Next use the hole puncher and try and aim for the middle of the top edge           where you previously snipped your two little triangles. Once you've done that     cut yourself a piece of string which you then loop into the hole, tying off and       securing.


  Now its your choice if you would like to write a festive message or leave it         blank, I prefer to do it now as I am not left with the hassle of doing it next         year.


   And Voilà!, You have yourself an assorted bunch of unique Christmas labels.      During this I produced about 30 labels from 11 cards and I'm not even half        way through haha!.


No comments:

Post a Comment